Steamed bolu, delicious soft cakes. This cake is one of Indonesian traditional cake that has been populist and popular by all circles. Good children to the elderly. Just like traditional cakes and typical Indonesian snacks in general, recipe of steamed cake also have a variety of variations. There is a simple steamed bolu, a round cake that just round. There is also a steamed bolu bloom that looks like a flower.
The steamed bolus is a must-have snack at any special moment or occasion. In addition to many variations, steamed cake was tasty various kinds. Regarding the variation, delicious steamed, soft, and sweet cakes in the mouth deh.
How often do you know the steamed cake? Or often you buy steamed cake? Do you know? How to make a quick steamed cake turns out. Instead of you buying, you better try to make your own steamed buns in a home that is guaranteed to taste the same as steamed cakes sold in pastry shops.
Based on the making technique, this cake is classified into two groups.
- Butter cake or shortened (cream cake)
Making the cake begins by shaking butter (margarine) with sugar into a cream side dough. This type of cake needs to fuel baking powder or baking soda. One of the simplest examples of butter cakes is a pound cake made from butter, granulated sugar and wheat flour with a pound of 1 pound each. The pastry cake recipe used to not use the ingredients of the developers, and only rely on buttered beaten until soft.
- Sponge cake (foam paste)
The process of making begins with shaking eggs and sugar into a smooth and thick foam. Butter (margarine) liquid or cooking oil is often added then after the dough is mixed with the flour.
Based on the egg shaking technique, sponge cake is divided into:
- Cake with white and egg yolks each stirred in a separate bowl
The resulting cake texture is very soft, eg chiffon cake or angel food cake.
- Yellow and egg whites whisk together (Genoise).
Sponge cake recipe and yellow and egg whites whipped together. Immediately see below how to make a simple steamed cake.
- Wheat flour 200 g
- Sugar 200 g
- Milk vanilla powder 5 tablespoons
- Chicken egg 4 grains
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- 100 ml of water
- Cake mold
How to make:
- Prepare the mold in use rub with margarine, set aside.
- Create a caramel of 100 g. After so adding 100 ml air. Cook until boiling. Chill.
- Sift wheat flour, baking soda, and milk powder.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a high-speed mixer until it expands.
- Insert the sieve in the container (bowl). Then mix with caramel. Stir well.
- Pour egg whites and sugar. Shake with medium speed mixer.
- Pour the dough on a dough that has been smeared with margarine.
- Steam for 20 minutes or to fully inflate.
- Cool at room temperature for 5 minutes then remove the cake from the mold.
How? Easy is not it? In addition to how to make a simple steamed cake on top. There is another variation of steamed cake you try at home. Especially if not a steamed cake bloom. The steamed bra blooms differently than the steamed cake usually. Bolu steamed bloom is similar in shape to the flower. Happy cooking steamed cake.